OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile app feature request – Start, Pause & Skip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dom79
    Participant

Hello Ray, Samer and the Opensprinker team.

I see that this has been requested in the past but it appears to have fallen to the back burner for reasons unknown. I’m not trying to over simplify the process but it just seems like something that should be easy to implement, other competitors such as Rachio already have this feature.

I can’t tell you how many times I have needed to pause the system to take a shower or walk my dogs or let someone in/out of my house without getting drenched… its becoming a serious nuisance and I’ve only had my OSPi for a month or so. I’m sure i’m not the only one who would find this extremely beneficial.

Can this please be addressed?

Kind regards,
    Dominic

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes this has been requested and it’s on our todo list. It got delayed partly because we wanted to revamp the current scheduler to completely change how it’s implemented. This is not merely a mobile app change, it requires firmware change to support this functionality. I will make it a high priority item and try to get it done asap.

Dom79
    Participant

Ray, Thank you for the quick response a for bumping this up to a high priority. I look forward to its release.

-Dom

Dom79
    Participant

Hello again Ray,

Its been quite some time since your reply but sadly, I don’t see this feature implemented (unless I missed it)

I constantly run into situations where I have to pause the program and it would be incredibly useful if I could do so.

Ray
    Keymaster

There has been an implementation of this in the “scheduler-feature” branch of the opensprinkler firmware code:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/tree/scheduler-feature
    it hasn’t been integrated into the master branch yet because it’s still pending testing.

Dom79
    Participant

Is there anything I can do to help with the testing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile app feature request – Start, Pause & Skip