OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile App shows Empty Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mlorch

I installed the mobile app on an Ubuntu Server. I could access and successfully submit the install.php, but after that I only see an empty page. I’ve verified that the config.php got created, so the permissions probably are fine. When I navigate to index.php, I only see an empty page and view source is empty, too. Does anyone have any idea, how I could check what the issue is?

Samer
    Keymaster

Hello mlorch,

Sorry your having this issue however I don’t have enough information to tell much. First, it sounds like a javascript error since the body is hidden at start and shown after the javascript is run. With that said, which browser are you using?

If it is in fact a javascript issue than you should have errors in the browser. If you are using Chrome for example, you can right click and push Inspect to view the console (anything in red is an error).

It also might be a missing PHP extension. If that’s the case, you will have errors in your apache log (in /var/logs/apache2/error.log).

If you find any errors in either location please share them with me so I can track down this issue.

Thanks!

mlorch

Thank you so much, it is working now. A beautiful app you built!

I looked in the apache error log and found an undefined json error, so learnt that I had to install the php5-json package. After an apache restart, it worked.

Many Thanks again for the swift reply.

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for the update and I am glad it’s working!

mlorch

I found an interesting “bug”. I could see all pages just fine, but some pages just would not show (instead, the spinning-wheel showed indefinitely). I finally found out that I had used a German Umlaut (ü) in one of my station names, which was showing as an _ on some screens, but would lead to some pages not showing at all. After changing this to “ue” everything works now just perfect. Perhaps that could be mentioned in the manual or corrected. It’s a very beautiful app, thanks for building it.

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for the report! I guess I’m not properly handling Unicode characters. I will see what I can do to fix this.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile App shows Empty Page