OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 501 through 525 (of 559 total)
  • Author

jonathon
    Participant

Basically, you can set up multiple programs, each with the same start / end / interval time, but with different stations and run times.

I think the Open Sprinkler hardware combined with Samer’s mobile app is fantastic. I love the flexibility that comes with the open source model and the suggestions and ideas that an active community generates. I’m curious about the decision to have all stations in a program share the same run time. I can see it would work well in a commercial environment when each station irrigates an identically sized area, number of trees or rows of vines etc. But in my limited experience of residential systems, it’s unusual to have any two stations run the exact same length of time. The front lawn, for example, may need slightly more watering time than the back lawn that’s in shade.

I may be out of touch on this, but from my perspective the user interface would make more sense if each station’s run time could be adjusted within a “program”. I know it’s possible to create a Program for each station and set its run time, but that seems unnecessarily messy. Does anyone else share my concern?

Again, I love the app!!

djagerif
    Participant

Just to be more specific, mine is running S30 and S32 with a Master station on S08. I don’t start it with a Run Once, I let the schedule kick it off. Here I reinstalled and created a new program.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay let me try to emulate this tonight and hopefully come up with a fix. Thank you for the detail!

By the way, I’ve slowly been adding your suggestions. The first one just got added, clear configuration. The next one will be file based export/import.

djagerif
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve noticed.

Samer
    Keymaster

I am going to try and post/maintain a list of features and bugs I am working on, in case anyone is curious. The list will be posted here: https://github.com/salbahra/OpenSprinkler-Controller/wiki/Scheduled-Changes. Nothing is guaranteed to go live but it will at least be attempted/tested out (unless its a bug of course).

Generally speaking, the wiki has been overhauled and actually contains some information now. However if anyone would like to further contribute to the documentation, it would be greatly appreciated (https://github.com/salbahra/OpenSprinkler-Controller/wiki).

bjcatlin
    Participant

New error found. I just performed a ‘git pull’ to updated my two instances of the mobile app, and both instances are now getting an error when trying to load the initial page. The error in the web log is:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in /srv/Storage/Web/homecontrol/home/watercontrol/main.php on line 150

That section of code is:

#Resolve location to LID
    function get_wunderground_lid() {
    $options = get_options();
    if (preg_match("/pws:/",$options["loc"]) == 1) {
    $lid = $options["loc"];
    } else {
    $data = file_get_contents("http://autocomplete.wunderground.com/aq?h=0&query=".urlencode($options["loc"]));
    $data = json_decode($data);
    if ($data == []) return "";
    $lid = "zmw:".$data->{'RESULTS'}[0]->{'zmw'};
    }
    return $lid;
    }

The line of code in question is if ($data == []) return “”;
    In my limited programming knowledge, that line looks fine to me, so I am not sure why it is failing at that point. Any ideas?
    Build is be22ab114cdbcdf996a41a171350d2b2fd4673e7

Samer
    Keymaster

PHP can be somewhat annoying when it comes to syntax (different supported methods between versions and different methods for the same thing). This should be an easy fix and I can hopefully get to it today.

Thanks for the report!

Update: This fix has been pushed out. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Samer
    Keymaster

@djagerif I posted a fix for the issue. Let me know if this resolved it. Also, @charvel, I noticed this bug appeared as a result of an addition you made. From what I gathered, you don’t want the master station time to be added or used for the program time nor do you want it listed with a timer on current status page (similar to the native home page).

My solution to keep your suggestion was to unset the master station from the open station array. So it won’t be considered for any of the calculations. I also modified the current status page to only show if the master station is on/off. I tested the following situations and it seems to work fine: 3 stations using run-once program with a master and without a master. I tested both sets with sequential and nonsequential. In the master set, 1 of the 3 stations was the master station as well.

Let me know if your results are the same, for both of you.

Thanks!

djagerif
    Participant

Works perfectly now, thanks.

charvel

@salbahra
    I thought that the top of the current status page time is the total time of the running program. Now it shows the open valve’s time and count down. Please check the attachment. It should be 22:54. Please let me know if I misunderstood this case.

Samer
    Keymaster

@charvel That is absolutely off…let me experiment and see if I can replicate that, so I can fix. I will let you know.

Update: Okay pushed an update that should help resolve this. I was able to recreate your screenshot and now I can’t so hopefully that’s good!

charvel

Thanks for the update, but unfortunately it does not work.
    This line does not execute:

if ($settings["ps"][$settings["mas"]-1][0]) $open--;

Samer
    Keymaster

Ah okay (sometimes I hate PHP because what works on mine hardly ever works on anyone else’s). I’ll update the syntax and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Update: Try now, thanks!

charvel

Thanks again for the update!

It still does not work but if I am using “isset” then it works perfectly.

if (isset($settings["ps"][$master][0])) $open--;

Samer
    Keymaster

@charvel I believe I figured out the issue. The $settings[“ps”] only reflects programmed schedules and not station status. Basically, I was using the wrong variable. I changed it to $status and this should resolve the issue. The problem with isset is it will always test to true and cause issues. Let me know if this fixes things, finally.

@djagerif
    I added the file based export/import. Please let me know how this works. I also resolved some bugs with importing files (didn’t know if OSPi/OSBo or OpenSprinkler).

I also added a run program button within edit programs. This should make it easier to launch a program, on-the-fly.

charvel

Now it is working perfectly. Thanks.

aleslesjak

Hello Samer,
    is it possible to translate web interface? How do I go about it?
    Best regards,
    Ales

Samer
    Keymaster

@aleslesjak Absolutely, simply goto http://www.getlocalization.com/opensprinkler_mobile/ and select “Add new language” if one doesn’t already exist.

I typically check the site weekly and update the localization’s on Github however please feel free to post here if any major modifications have occurred and I will merge them.

Thanks!

nayr
    Participant

Trying out the iOS app, says: For OSPi and OSBo users, the mobile_api plugin is required but I cannot find this anywhere.. and it don seem to want to connect to the interval-pi so I’m thinking I need to install it?

Samer
    Keymaster

I jumped the gun on the documentation, I apologize. However the plugin is unreleased but is expected very soon. Furthermore, the iOS update of my app supporting OSPi is pending Apple approval.

Sorry for the confusion.

Samer
    Keymaster

For anyone reading the last couple of posts and wondering what is going on, the mobile app project is taking some turns. I am focusing on making native apps for mobile devices (iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8) and also making a UI for the SD card of the OpenSprinkler. This allows a much more seamless integration between the two due to a direct communication (versus a proxy server to communicate).

Of course the PHP project has a few distinct advantages however those will slowly fade over time as the native mobile apps continue to gain feature support. Currently, the main advantage is logging. The native apps have no way to poll the OpenSprinkler 24/7 and generate log reports however this feature will soon be baked into the OS firmware allowing the OS to log to a file on the SD card. This file will eventually be used to bring graphical logs without the PHP application. Second, the PHP app offers SSL encryption and stronger user/pass authentication. This is being considered for the native mobile apps and hopefully will be incorporated in some extent. Of course, SSL cannot be offered on an underpowered Arduino however other methods to enhance security are available.

With all of those things said, once the native apps gain the features only found in the PHP code I will begin to convert the PHP app into more of a wrapper/proxy to convert 1.8.3-2.0.3 firmwares into newer 2.0.4+ replies. This allows the PHP users to benefit from the much improved UI of the native apps. Of course, when this is complete, upgrading the firmware would remove the need completely for the PHP app making it a tool for people who cannot upgrade. This is being done to move the code into one codebase. Right now the native apps and the PHP app are different enough that moving changes between the two is rather cumbersome.

Also, up until today the native apps only supported the Arduino version of the OpenSprinkler using firmware 2.0.4+ however Dan and Jonathan have worked very hard to revamp the plugin system on the OSPi python interval program and incorporated a mobile_api plugin allowing my native apps to work 100% with the OSPi. This plugin is complete however pending some further testing before being merged into the master branch. I have already submitted updated applications to the Google Play store (already live) and the Apple App store (pending review).

If I have created any confusion please feel free to ask. I will update this thread when OSPi interval program is updated with the new plugins and also when Apple App Store has accepted the new update. I have a lot of plans for these native apps that cannot be done from the webapp but the bulk of my efforts have gone into making the app experience as smooth as possible and I will build after the foundation is stable.

Thanks!

More information about the native apps: http://albahra.com/sprinklers

Update 1: Apple just approved the update and it should be reflected in the App Store within 24 hours.

Update 2: OSPi just got updated and includes the mobile_app.py plugin already. Please update to use with the native apps.

nayr
    Participant

just tried the new iPhone app against my OSBo and it worked fine, curious how does your auto-detect work?

Samer
    Keymaster

That is great news!

It’s kinda cool since the app is written in javascript. I use the native language (Objective-c, Java, and C#) to give me the wifi IP address. I check if that IP is considered a local IP. If so, I scan the /24 subnet on port 80 asking for /jo. If that IP replies with a JSON providing a firmware version than I consider it found. If the scan fails I retry the scan on port 8080 for OSPi.

nayr
    Participant

messing with the iPhone app today and I noticed it does not resize the window when you rotate your device..

Samer
    Keymaster

I completely forgot to test for that. I’ll get an update out soon to handle that. Thanks!

Update: I’m checking this now and works fine on my iPhone 5S. Any particular page giving you issues?

Viewing 25 posts - 501 through 525 (of 559 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile Web App with Screenshots (Updated)