OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile WebApp User Management.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

djagerif
    Participant

I like the idea of User Management on the Mobile WebApp. Here are some thoughts that might improve it even more.

How about assigning ‘roles’ to users. What I would like is to assign a ‘ReadOnly’ role to a user, with or without a password, to be able to view the current operation but cannot change or run anything.

Then perhaps a user that has limited access, like your garden service, to run a predefined program or to run stations manually. If, for this user role, you allow manual operation then you, as Super-User, have to set upper limits for the stations to run. You don’t want the garden service to run a station with a ‘0’ timeout.

Summary:

ReadOnly or Guest access role to view operation only.
    Limited-User role with predefined access.
    Super-User role that can do everything.

Ingo

Samer
    Keymaster

I like this idea however I am going to have to push this one off until MySQL is implemented. I have already figured out how to migrate all current user’s just left figuring out how to structure logging. I think it’s an inevitable switch and something almost every setup can cope with.

Thanks!

djagerif
    Participant

Can’t wait…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Mobile WebApp User Management.