OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) More programs for OSPi v1.4 Interval program

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DWoerner
    Participant

We have an OSPi v1.4 with 2 16-port expansion boards attached running our nursery. With 40 valves to control, 32 programs is not enough. Is there any discussion to expand the number of programs for the RPi version of the system?

scottsh
    Participant

32 its just an arbitrary limit that matches what the Arduino can do. I haven’t tested this but I think you can expand it yourself if you want.

Look in ospi.py for the setup of gv.sd around line 405. You want to change the value of the mnp variable.

Current line:

gv.sd = ({u"en": 1, u"seq": 1, u"mnp": 32, u"ir": [0], u"rsn": 0, u"htp": 8080, u"nst": 8,

Change to:

gv.sd = ({u"en": 1, u"seq": 1, u"mnp": 64, u"ir": [0], u"rsn": 0, u"htp": 8080, u"nst": 8,

I haven’t tested this myself but I don’t see anything in the code that wouldn’t work with >32 programs. I create a program #97 and the code works with it.

scottsh
    Participant

I did a quick test and created 34 programs and it worked fine (took a while but it worked.) I also manually executed program #34 and it worked OK as well.

Dan in CA
    Participant

Scott it correct in that the 32 program limit was a carry over from the micro controller version of the OpenSprinkler user interface. It does not apply to the Python program and the latest version of the UI does not include a mention of the limit on the number of programs.

Dan

scottsh
    Participant

In case you don’t follow the code on github like I do, you’ll probably want to know that Dan modified the main program to allow for practically an unlimited number of programs. Pull a fresh copy to get that fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) More programs for OSPi v1.4 Interval program