OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Multiple instances of mobile app

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kerryk
    Participant

I run multiple Opensprinkler units to control the misters in my aeroponic farm. I use the mobile app on my Android phone to control the various units. I would like to dedicate a tablet to be a touchscreen controller for all the units. Ideally I’d like to have multiple instances of the app open at the same time so I can easily view/switch between the controllers. Is there a way to do that on an Android tablet? Alternatively I could use the web interface and run multiple tabs. Is there a way to have the name of the controller come up on the web interface the way it does on the mobile app? Thanks.

Kerry
    MetroGrow Hawaii

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. The direct web interface currently does not show controller name (because it’s only cached in the app and through cloud sync, but not stored on the controller itself). One solution is to store the name on the controller, which is pretty straightforward to implement. Regarding modifying the app to support multiple instances, I will have to talk to Samer about how feasible it is.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Multiple instances of mobile app