OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware My Open Sprinkler Won't Connect Via Wireless Router

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

angelle
    Participant

Our Open Sprinkler stopped allowing us to log in via its website IP address.

It still runs, but we can’t change any of our settings for our watering stations. Not an immediate problem, but will become one, as winter nears.

All connections seem to be OK.

What do I do?

Thank you for any help.

Angelle

Ray
    Keymaster

The first thing to check is to click the first push button (B1) on the controller and see the IP address. It may be that the IP address has changed due to router assigning a new IP to it.

angelle
    Participant

Hi Ray,

We did that yesterday and the IP that comes up on B1 is the same one we use to try to log in.

Angelle

angelle
    Participant

Hi Jonathan,

I can try.

The controller is working and we have one light on the right side that is blinking (yellow, I believe) the green light below it is lit steady.

As I said, the settings that were last set are performing exactly correct, but I can not connect to the IP address anymore in my computer.

We did check the IP using B1 and that IP is the exact same one that we were given to sign in with.

But we can’t sign in, it just gives a message about no being able to connect to that address.

I hesitate to turn off the controller and turn it on again, because it is indeed running perfectly.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Angelle

Ray
    Keymaster

Other than checking the IP address, also pay attention to the port number (the default is 80 but may be different if someone has changed it. In any case, you will see the port number when you click B1).

angelle
    Participant

I will check it out.

Thanks

angelle
    Participant

Hi,

My son finally figured out that the wireless router must have updated and returned the subnet mask to factory settings.
    Thus, it disconnected my Open Sprinkler IP.

He changed one number in the subnet mask and all is well again.

Thank you all for your help.
    Angelle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware My Open Sprinkler Won't Connect Via Wireless Router