OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Need help in port forwarding and FW 2.04

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

blandq
    Participant

Is there a new 2.04 FW Doc? The information on the site seems to only address 2.03 and references options such as DHCP and Static IP that do not exist in 2.04??
    Makes it extremely difficult to know one is doing the proper process in port forwarding.

I have a 4111n-031 issued by AT&T DSL Modem/router that connects to a Cicsco Gbe 16 port non-managed switch, hardline Cat6 to opensprinkler. I believe I have set up the NAT in the 4111N correctly but when I go to apps/sprinklers and put in my eternalIP:8080, password, and name of the system it sits there fo-eva spinning.
    which I assume is due to the TCP tineout defauIting to 86400.

Im pretty frustrated as out of the box the main unit had a bad channel, no output on channel #2, and then the wifi seems to be fairly demanding..phone and laptop stay connected using a netgear wfif extentender but Opensprinkler would not. Resolved that with a hard line. Now I cant control the sprinklers unless im either on a laptop or my phone, in the house!….what good is a mobile app that only works on your house wifi???
    I look forwarding to understanding where I am going wrong 🙂

Thanks in advance!!

Samer
    Keymaster

Well, best thing is to take a step back and look at all the puzzle pieces. First, you don’t need to mess with port 8080 unless you changed the port or are using OSPi (Raspberry Pi). So, your first issue might be the port. Also, router might not support NAT loopback. If that’s the case your port forward will fail when trying to use your outside IP inside your network. Therefore, test the port forward against the cellular network, if possible.

Second, you mention apps/sprinklers, this is related to the *old* web app which is no longer maintained. Furthermore, this requires a separate server to host the files for you. The focus is now on the native apps available in the various app stores (Apple, Amazon, Blackberry, Google, Microsoft, etc).

Save yourself the headache and set the static IP using your router (against the OpenSprinkler’s MAC address). This way the OS is configured for DHCP which makes software upgrades easier.

In summary:

1) Know your outside IP: http://wimi.com
    2) Port forward the OpenSprinkler port (default: 80).
    3) After installing the native app, use your external IP for the device IP.

Ray
    Keymaster

Is there a new 2.04 FW Doc? The information on the site seems to only address 2.03 and references options such as DHCP and Static IP that do not exist in 2.04??

DHCP and Static IP have always been available in all firmwares. Note that Static IP will not show up unless if you turn DHCP option off. This is explained in the online user manual.

Im pretty frustrated as out of the box the main unit had a bad channel, no output on channel #2,

All units have been tested before shipping. If you believe there is a defective station on the unit, please send an email to [email protected] to arrange for an exchange.

blandq
    Participant

Morning Ray;

Dont mean to be dense, can you guide me to where this is set in the FW? Is it through the Web-interface, mobil App, or must one use the buttons?

Ray
    Keymaster

If you mean where to set DHCP vs static IP on the controller, please check the user manual, specifically the Setup Options section:
    http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=3775#setup

If you mean how to set up port forwarding, that’s a feature on your router and you have to refer to the router’s administration page or user manual.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Need help in port forwarding and FW 2.04