OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Network Error shown on Mobile App (not on Web)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Open Sprnkler Forum.

When I log into OpenSprinkler 3.0 (using latest firmware 2.1.9) through a laptop it seems to operate fine and I see a green label on the bottom with current shown 210ma, 217ma, 213ma and so on (varies a little). But on the phone, using the app, it mostly shows “Network Error Current 213mA”. Once and a while the green label comes through but mostly it is static red network error message.

Any ideas? I really appreciate it.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact I have 12 zones and I also have this notification “unused expanders detected”. I doubt it.

Ray
    Keymaster

The network error generally means when the UI/app asks controller for data it’s taking longer than a threshold to get the data back. It does not necessarily mean a problem, it could just mean the data transfer is taking longer than usual. This can particularly happen if you have multiple devices (phone, laptop) all accessing the controller at the same time, so creating longer network delay.

You said you have firmware 2.1.9, but do you know the minor revision? The latest is 2.1.9(3). If you are not on it, you can try to update to 2.1.9(3) which may solve the issue.

The ‘unused expanders detected’ is unrelated — it just means the controller detected more physical zones that you configured. For example, it may detect you have 24 zones, but you only set 16 zones. This doesn’t mater.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Network Error shown on Mobile App (not on Web)