June 28, 2015 at 6:13 pm #38794
Just discovered this device and it looks like it just may be exactly what I need for a combo sprinkler controller and sprinkler based mosquito sprayer.
The standard zoned sprinkler functions are understood but my questions are on it’s use for Mosquito spraying.
The requirements are that there will be a separate program which will run mosquito repellant through the same sprinklers and my questions are as follows.
1) Can a separate program be set where it turns on a pump for this program only?
2) Can the zones be programmed in seconds for mosquito spraying.
Thanks!June 28, 2015 at 6:20 pm #38795
Very neat application! Answering your questions, the first option is not currently possible using master station option. However, it is possible to make a station that is not sequential and add it to the mosquito program and have it run the entire duration of the program. In this way, it acts as a program specific master station. I hope that makes sense and if it doesn’t, you are welcome to play with the demo available here: http://demo.opensprinkler.com (password: opendoor).
In regard to your second question, yes we support second granularity up to one minute.
Thank you!June 29, 2015 at 5:21 am #38806
Very neat demo but I was unable to set times for less then a minute and could not find how to run a non sequential station.
What am I missing?
Thanks!June 29, 2015 at 11:53 pm #38827
1) If you go to demo.opensprinkler.com, click the lower right icon (or press key ‘m’) to bring out the menu, and go to Edit Programs, you can see the first program has a station set to run for 45 seconds.
2) On the homepage, click on the ‘Settings’ icon next to each station name, that will bring up the station attributes dialog. Uncheck ‘sequential’, that will set the station in parallel (non-sequential) mode.July 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm #39347
Just curious, but what are you using to run mosquito repellent through your sprinklers? I want that!July 19, 2015 at 10:51 am #39365
Still in the planning stage but I was looking at this product Bug Slug but would love to hear if anyone has a better suggestion.
Thanks!November 9, 2015 at 1:30 am #40715
I’ve been thinking of adding a dosing pump to my sprinkler line for fertigation. The same thing could be done with this bug slug stuff or even mozzie repellant if you had an overhead misting/fogging circuit. I’ve been thinking of putting in an overhead fogging circuit for summer under my veranda to keep us cool when sitting outside.November 26, 2015 at 12:13 pm #40837
i’ve been using an injector with a tank to fertilize with the sprinkler. I have the pump wired to the pressure switch on the pump so it runs with the pump and i have a manual on off switch in line. When i fell the tank with fertilizer i flip the switch when ready and then either the tank runs dry or i turn the pump off manually. I could probably put a relay switch on another zone and use the OS to turn on and off the manual switch, but it would still be manual to activate the pump.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.