OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Newbie Troubleshooting installation…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

amolnar
    Participant

Hi,
    Just installed the opensprinkler system :-), to upgrade an existing retic system.

As a newbie I am having some issues…

When testing the system with manual run, the first 5 stations (including the master valve) work fine but from station 6 the master valve refuses to operate????

Any suggestions on the best way to troubleshoot this issue?????

In options when I change the master valve time value “Mas. on adj.” after I submit it goes back to 0???

Thanks in advance….

Andrew

Samer
    Keymaster

First, welcome to OpenSprinkler.

Second, which OpenSprinkler product to you own? The Arduino or the Raspberry Pi based OSPi? Also, which software are you using?

It sounds like you are using OSPi and need the latest version. Please let me know.

amolnar
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

which OpenSprinkler product to you own?

OpenSprinkler (V2.0),firmware 2.0.0, with Zone Expansion Board v1.1.

I have still only the master and first 4 stations working….

Input voltage 29vac, master valve shows the same with stations showing 28.7vac (due to distance??).

So the problem still remains that stations 6,7 and 8 showing 28.7vac when system is on and master valve showing 29vac but no water flow. However when I manually turn the master valve on I get water flow. I also show it all working in the LCD display.

The other 3 stations are on the expansion board, which I think is faulty. No display on LCD for expansion board stations. Also showing 0.14vac on all stations??? I have installed extension cable with the bump up.

Thanks.

Andrew

Ray
    Keymaster

1) Check the ‘stations’ page and see if the ‘activate master’ flag is on for stations 6, 7, and 8. If these flags are unchecked, they will not activate the master valve.
    2) You need to set the number of expansion boards (in your case, 1) in Options -> Exp. Board. If you don’t set this number, the controller assume there is no expansion board.
    3) On the controller, clicking pushbutton B3 will change the display to expansion board 1 (E1).

I suggest that you take a look at the user manul to get familiar with the system first. Thanks:
    http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=3775

amolnar
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, I had already set the master stations are checked as “Active” and expansion board marked as “1” in Options.

I have still only the master and first 4 stations working….

Input voltage 29vac, master valve shows the same with stations showing 28.7vac (due to distance??).

So the problem still remains that stations 6,7 and 8 showing 28.7vac when system is on and master valve showing 29vac but no water flow. However when I manually turn the master valve on I get water flow. It also show it all working in the LCD display.

@ray wrote:

3) On the controller, clicking pushbutton B3 will change the display to expansion board 1 (E1).

Whoops missed this one.

Andrew

Ray
    Keymaster

However when I manually turn the master valve on I get water flow. It also show it all working in the LCD display.

So it’s not a hardware problem then. Just to make sure I understand the problem: is the problem that when you turn on 6, 7, 8, the master station doesn’t work (but 6, 7, 8 works), or is it that none of 6 7, 8, master works?

amolnar
    Participant

I thought the Master Valve soleniod was faulty, so I replaced the whole thing. The problem still persists with some changes…

Operating on manual (all stations are ticked with “Activate Master”), I get stations 1 to 4 to work ok. Stations 5 to 10 DON’T althouigh you can hear the station soleniods openning with no water flow, so the master valve is not operating electrically. To double check this I manually opened the master valve and operated all stations in manual mode and they ALL worked.

So if I leave the master valve opened manually the program functions??????

Any ideas?????

Thanks.Andrew

Samer
    Keymaster

Have you ensured you checked “use master station” for stations 5-10 in the edit stations page? If so, can you please post the output from http://opensprinkler_ip/jn.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

Operating on manual (all stations are ticked with “Activate Master”), I get stations 1 to 4 to work ok. Stations 5 to 10 DON’T althouigh you can hear the station soleniods openning with no water flow, so the master valve is not operating electrically.

Do you mean you can hear the master station solenoid open, or do you mean you can hear station 5 to 10 solenoid open?

Because you can open each station manually, the only thing I can think of is the ‘activate master’ flag is not turned on for stations 5 to 10. But you are pretty sure those flags are turned on already. I will check firmware 2.0.0 and see if I can reproduce this problem.

amolnar
    Participant

All stations 1 -10 are ticked “Activate Master”….

@ray wrote:

Do you mean you can hear the master station solenoid open, or do you mean you can hear station 5 to 10 solenoid open?

Master Station clicks on 1-4 but not on 5-10, all station solenoids click ok. So my work around so far has been to leave the master station valve manually open and run the program and I get water on all stations.

Because you can open each station manually, the only thing I can think of is the ‘activate master’ flag is not turned on for stations 5 to 10. But you are pretty sure those flags are turned on already. I will check firmware 2.0.0 and see if I can reproduce this problem.

[/quote]

Master activate flag is DEFINITELY ON.

Thanks

Andrew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Newbie Troubleshooting installation…