OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler No power being supplied to solenoid, works with Rain Bird system

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

redmumba
    Participant

Looking for some debugging help here. I filed a support ticket and they requested I send the device back, but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if there might be any tricks for figuring this out before I do that.

I had an old Rain Bird system, very simple setup (only 2 zones); the wiring was a 1:1 match between the Rain Bird and OpenSprinkler device, but even though it shows amperage being supplied on the screen, there’s zero current at the solenoid. I disconnected the solenoid and directly connected them to both, and it works consistently on the Rain Bird. Voltmeter measures no current being supplied between the zone and common wire on the OpenSprinkler.

The solenoids are 24V AC 50/60hz / 2 watts, so they should work. When measured from the Rain Bird controller, it’s 24V between the zone/common wire. I’ve tried multiple zones, removing and reattaching, etc..

Anybody have any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler No power being supplied to solenoid, works with Rain Bird system