OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Solved: No rain in the current weather

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

Hi,

I use the opensprinkler in Austria. The current weather dont Display the rain.
    Is this a bug?

Attachments:

Samer
    Keymaster

All of our weather data is provided by Weather Underground (if you provided an API key) or Yahoo weather otherwise. Therefore, if the data is incorrect on their end, it will also show up incorrectly in the app. So answering your question, this is not a bug however I would try to find a more accurate weather station nearby if you are using Weather Underground. To do so, you may use the button next to the location input box that has the marker icon. This will show a map overlay with all weather stations in your area.

David
    Participant

Great.

I use wunderground. Now i select an nather Station near my Position. And it works.

Thanks for the Tip!

David
    Participant

So… i find a good solution for the problem

my currend weather conditions always says 0mm or just “Precip: — mm”.

So i checkt the weater api from wunderground. The api send this data to my:
    “precip_today_in”:””,
    “precip_today_metric”:”–“,

hmmm. thats not what i want. I think the the weatherstation has no precip sensor. But how to find a weatherstation with this sensor. So i go http://www.wunderground.com -> personal weather stations -> Select in the weatherstation setting (small gear) the precip. No go to your location and find a weatherstation how display 0 or more precip. In my area are a lot of stations how display — precip.
    Select the station and write the Station ID in your opensprinkler pws:STATION_ID.

have an nice day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Solved: No rain in the current weather