OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware No update option works

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tellerbop
    Participant

HW version 3.0 AC Device
    Current Software version 2.1.7

I’m trying to upgrade to the latest version of OpenSprinkler version 2.1.9 rev3.

Station Mode
    In this mode I navigate top the update url on the device, upload the latest os_219_3.bin file, specify the password and click submit.
    The software is submitted to the device, I can tell it reboots as it looses the WIFI connection but it NEVER gets back online. I’ve waited hours for it to complete. The only way to get it back online again is to cut power but then it boots in the old version 2.1.7
    I’ve tried this both with my old config and after a factory reset.

AP Mode
    AP mode doesn’t work at all as the update url doesn’t exist.

USB mode
    I’ve followed the instructions herehere but I can’t get it into bootloader mode. B2 button just doesn’t react other than rebooting the device.

What am I missing?

Ray
    Keymaster

In AP mode, you need to have your laptop or computer connect to the AP name that OpenSprinkler creates (the OS_xxxxxx SSID). Then once connected, open a browser and type in: http://192.168.4.1/update

To enter bootloading mode, the correct procedure is as follows:
    – remove all power from OpenSprinkler (i.e. remove orange terminal block, and unplug USB).
    – press and hold B2, then plug the USB cable in. Then release the button. The LCD will remain off, indicating it’s in bootloading mode waiting for program to be uploaded.

tellerbop
    Participant

In AP mode, you need to have your laptop or computer connect to the AP name that OpenSprinkler creates (the OS_xxxxxx SSID). Then once connected, open a browser and type in: http://192.168.4.1/update

That’s what I did but the webserver responds “page not found”. The only page I can navigate to is the root where I may choose which wifi network to connect to.

To enter bootloading mode, the correct procedure is as follows:
    – remove all power from OpenSprinkler (i.e. remove orange terminal block, and unplug USB).

AHA! I didn’t remove AC power. I’ll try that tomorrow as neither OTA option works.
    Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware No update option works