OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler No voltage at ports

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

david.koenig09
    Participant

Hi,

i have a brand new OpenSprinkler 3.0 DC with a 9V 1A power supply (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00PADO6VQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I Attached my Gardena AC valves to the ports, but nothing happens, when i activate a manual program. I tried to measure the voltage and found out, that there is no voltage there when i activate a program.
    Indenpedent from that i found out, that on port 5 12V power are measurable when the port is not active and the power decrease to 0V when i activate the port.

Did i something wrong, or can i suspect, that the device is broken?

Thanks in advanced

Regards

David

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you already submit a support ticket? Generally support questions should be sent there — we don’t check forum posts frequently. When measuring voltage, make sure you are measuring between COM and a zone port (it’s a common mistake to measure from GND to a zone port). Also, since this is DC-powered controller, you should measure DC voltage, not AC. I doubt if the controller is broken — we double test every controller before shipping and the chance of DOA should be very small.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler No voltage at ports