OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App number widgets don’t work on nexus

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Garrick
    Participant

Hi all,

I just got my new opensprinkler install completed this afternoon. Everything is working great except for one little thing. The number widgets don’t work on my samsung nexus tablet. They work fine on my android phone.

I expect a window to pop up to let me enter a number but nothing happens. The tablet is running android 4.2.2. Thanks!

Garrick
    Participant

I need to amend my post… actually, the time widgets aren’t working on my Android phone either. I tried setting the start time of my programs to 8:30, hit save, and then I see that it set 00:30. I tried a few times and the results was always the same. The hour number gets lost.

Samer
    Keymaster

They are both running android 4.2.2? Any way you can upgrade to KitKat and try again?

I ask because there is no widget whatsoever in 4.2.2. My app is written using web formats and the bundled browser in 4.2.2 for some reason doesn’t have nice inputs. I could hack in a solution for Android 4.2.2 but I would assume a Nexus device has an available upgrade (which are always good).

Garrick
    Participant

No, I don’t see a supported way to upgrade beyond what I already have.

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay. I will see what modifications can be done to better support your platform.

Garrick
    Participant

Hi,

I just wanted to note that this is still a problem on all 3 of my Android devices. I can’t use the app for modifying/setting programs.

Samer
    Keymaster

Without being able to reproduce this resolving the issue will be difficult. There is another user with the exact same issue on the same version of Android (4.2.2).

The emulators on my computer don’t reproduce these issues either. I will see if I can purchase one of these devices so we can get it fixed.

Samer
    Keymaster

I have a fix for this and will be releasing it in the next app update (within one week).

Thanks for your patience.

Garrick
    Participant

Hurray!  Thanks Samer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App number widgets don’t work on nexus