OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Odd/even control for non-weekly schedules

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rhc

Hi folks

I’m a newbie to OpenSprinkler and have just installed my system. I’m also an experienced programmer and willing to help add new features.

One feature I would like to add right away is intended to support non-weekly watering schedules in locations that are rabid about odd/even watering days. In my case, I have a grass area that needs watering three times a week. The weekly schedule offers an “odd-only” option, so that works fine.

However, I have large parts of my land that only need watering a couple of times a month (trees, natural vegetation). I can use the interval scheduler and set it for 15 days, but I must guarantee that it run on an odd numbered day.

Ideally, I would add a new schedule option that would let you set the number of times you want to water per selectable period (week, month), and then specify if you require odd/even days be used. The algo would then spread the watering across that period (taking into account the number of days in each month) and select the specific dates to water respecting the odd/even requirement.

Seems like that should be easy to do. Any thoughts and/or guidance?
    Ralph

Ray
    Keymaster

Odd/even days with interval schedules should be fairly straightforward to implement. I did consider this when I wrote the firmware, but eventually decided to not include it due to a rather technical reason to save program data structure size. Anyways, I will add this to my to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Alfio
    Participant

Hi
    I was needing to use a device like that to plan watering on a very peculiar way , basically it is every 9 days in the morning and in the night from May to October. Would it be possible to plan some specific watering events over the year ? 20 would be OK, instead of being linked to intervals of 2 to 5 days or more ?

Thanks for the support

Ray
    Keymaster

On OpenSprinkler you can set the interval anywhere between 2 days to 128 days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Odd/even control for non-weekly schedules