OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) once booted all Zones come on

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cjbailey4
    Participant

i just received the OSPi board today and hooked it up to my raspberry pi model b Rev 1.

i’m running rasbian with the demo software that emulates the open sprinkler firmware. i went in and changed the GPIO setting for the rev one boards.

the funny thing is once it boots, it opens all of the Station no mater what you do on the control web page.

i have my multi-meter from common to each station and it puts out voltage as soon as the wireless comes up.

any ideas on what might be causing this?

thanks,

CB

Ray
    Keymaster

Do you mean all zones turn on as soon as the operating system is up (i.e. before running any demo software), or does that happen when you run the demo software?

If it’s the former, that sounds like a hardware problem. You should check the rainbow cables and make sure all pins are plugged in correctly. Also check if the wires are inserted fully into the cable connectors: if a wire is left floating, it may cause the shift register to receive incorrect data.

If it’s the latter, it’s clearly a software problem. Try to run ospi_selftest and see if the problem still exists.

Ray
    Keymaster

By the way, if you have a multimeter, you should also check the connections of the 8-pin ribbon cable: our most recent batch of the ribbon cable had a high failure rate (i.e. wires are not connected internally), and I won’t be surprised if this is the cause of the issue you have encountered. We will be sending out replacement cables to all recent orders that are likely affected.

cjbailey4
    Participant

this weekend i re- built the raspberry pi image and everything.

after reading you blog post and liberating the cables from the connector they match your blog post.

then my multimeter confirmed it. 3 of the 8 cables are not connected. so yeah, that’s definitely the problem.

I’ll follow this up with an e-mail to make sure I’m on the list to get a new one.

thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) once booted all Zones come on