OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App One controller at a time?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Greenhouse23

I am using many OpenSprinkler controllers at my greenhouse facility and they work incredibly well. One of the few problems, more of an inconvenience really, is that as far as I can tell the mobile app can only log into one controller at a time. I think this because the web address doesn’t change between the different controllers. If I make a short cut to the OpenSprinkler App it takes me to the last controller I logged in to.

I can still log in to each using their internal addresses while on my own network, but this doesn’t help me if I’m off site.

Any thoughts or work arounds for this?

Thanks

Todd

Samer
    Keymaster

Are you using the web app hosted by Ray? Or do you have a server and running the code yourself? I ask because the implementation is different.

It is very easy to add multiple sites into Ray’s version. In fact, I can have this done by the weekend using the current system as it is.

However, if you are using your own copy, I will have to think about the best way to implement that. The easiest would be to allow the user to configure the OpenSprinkler IP just like the hosted web app. From there, I treat it similar to the hosted copy.

Let me know, thanks!

Greenhouse23

I am using the web app hosted by Ray. I’m currently running the app in two side by side iframes in a simple html script I made (Ray suggested this method on one of my other posts). I put in the ip address and the respective ports of the controllers, but both frames log into the same controller regardless of the port number.

Samer
    Keymaster

Correct, thats because local storage is per domain and since both iframe’s are accessing the same domain (rayshobby.net) they will use the same data store.

Regardless, this is an important feature that I will add into the hosted web app by this weekend, hopefully.

Samer
    Keymaster

As an update, this functionality is almost done. The only thing left is editing currently stored sites.

I did discover one limitation, per device configuration. For one site, this wasn’t a big deal but configuring multiple sites can be annoying. I will see what I can do in the future.

Samer
    Keymaster

I have pushed the new changes for multiple sites to Ray’s copy of the hosted web app. Please try the new version and let me know how this works!

What’s missing:
    – portable configuration (currently it is per device)
    – renaming a site (but you can delete/add)

Greenhouse23

salbahra, I was just able to successfully log in with each controller! This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for your help 😀

Samer
    Keymaster

Awesome!

No problem and thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App One controller at a time?