OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Open Sprinkler to use 8 zones plus Remote Power Socket Control

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dgrawr
    Participant

I plan to get an Open Sprinkler DC for a new landscape installation. My layout requires all 8 stations for watering… watching the videos on the website, it seems that the transmitter (part of the RFToy package) for remote power control does not take up a station but is installed on dedicated pins and programmed separately. Is this correct? And if so, it looks like i can program two landscape light circuits (controlled by the remote power controllers) on the single transmitter. If that is correct, are the two lighting circuits independently programmable?

thanks. dgr

Augustin
    Participant

AFAIK the controller has 8 physical stations (corresponding to the 8 wire connections) but you can enable another 8 (up to 24 iirc) “logical” stations which you can use as RF stations without using the physical ones.
    Regarding the question about programming independently, depends on your lights, but in principle you define each light on a station and you can program them independently.

I hope I understood correctly your questions.

dgrawr
    Participant

Augustin – thanks for the reply. that’s the info i was hoping for… not having to buy a 16-station add-on module. thanks again.

Maybe if Ray reads this, he’ll concur.

dgr

Ray
    Keymaster

Right, just to echo Augustin’s reply: RF stations and Remote stations are considered ‘logical’ stations — you don’t need any physical expansion board to use them. In Edit Options you can enable as many stations as you need, in order to use RF and Remote stations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Open Sprinkler to use 8 zones plus Remote Power Socket Control