I’ve created support ticked with same question, but maybe someone here has idea what my be wrong with my OpenSprinkler.
Since I haven’t been using sprinklers since last October, I haven’t noticed this before. Getting ready for the season I noticed that my OpenSprinkler is “dead” (blank screen). Restarting did not help. I re-flashed firmware, set it up as before, and all looked OK. 2 days later I could not connect to it via browser or Android app. Went to check, and same thing. Blank screen. Re-flashed firmware again. Good for two days, and this morning, again, blank.
Any idea what can cause this behavior? Last time I did not set up any programs, just gave name to the stations and left it like that.
Did you get a response for your ticket? Mine started doing the same thing over the weekend, blank screen and all. At first the app started prompting for a password and I never used a password. I tried the PC and it was the same. I ended up having to factory reset the unit and restoring the config. It’s worked fine up until this morning when I noticed that the sprinklers came on last night even tho it rained, it should have put on a rain delay. I went to log in and got the same password prompt, Inspecting the controller the screen was blank again.
Perhaps I’ll factory default it again and firewall it from the internet and see if that increases reliability.
After reading that the 2.1.7 firmware required use of the SD card at all times now, I thought maybe my SD card was actually faulty. When I removed it and put it in a PC it wasn’t even detected in the PC. I formatted a new card and it has been reliable ever since. Perhaps give that a shot before you replace your unit.