OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler 3.0 freezes during execution, causing endless irrigation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

f2b
    Participant

I got a fully assembled OpenSprinkler 3.0 about a month ago and have had the system crash during irrigation. This is a sporradic error, but already happend twice. I have uploaded a short video to my dropbox account: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtetni6whrqa5li/20170815_235631_35716487258840.mp4?dl=0

The simple procedure I use is:
    Daily (in case of no rain)
    Open valve 1 at 6:29
    CRASH –> Valve 1 remains open, time shown on OpenSprinkler stops at 6:44

Usually the following routine should have continued as follows:
    Close valve 1 at 6.44
    Open valve 2 at 6:44
    Close valve 2 at 6:59

If you perform a forced reset, system is working correct again and time shown jumps to actual time.

Does anyone have an idea on possible reasons for this behaviour?

Ray
    Keymaster

This is likely an issue with the microcontroller. Please submit a support ticket:
    https://support.opensprinkler.com

f2b
    Participant

Thanks Ray – meanwhile watering season in Germany is over, so I’ll wait and see if the issue shows again next year. I have meanwhile exchange the DC power supply to a more performant one, as mine was at the lower end of the spec.

sonorris
    Participant

I have this exact problem. I am guessing the power surge between closing one zone and opening another – at the same exact time – maybe causes the microcontroller to lock up. This has happened to me twice now in 2 weeks. I will change the program to include a few seconds between open / closes to see if that fixes it. Is the 7.5v power supply not enough to control the valves and run the os 3.0?

Ray
    Keymaster

I doubt if this is a power adapter issue, but you can try another adapter to see if it makes any difference — any DC adapter that outputs 7.5VDC to 12VDC is fine. I would recommend a minimum of 1 amp output current.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler 3.0 freezes during execution, causing endless irrigation