OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler 3.0 – WiFi Setup Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have purchased an OS 3.0 DC a few days ago and now I am facing serious trouble setting up the system!

What I have done so far:
    Power the board with an external USB Power Supply
    connected my Laptop via WiFi to the OS 3.0, IP Address 192.168.4.1
    Open Google Chrome, (also tried Firefox, etc) entered Proper SSID and pwd
    Button goes from ‘Submit’ to ‘Connecting’
    OS Board shows ‘Connecting’ as well – but nothing else happens! What I understand from the instruction the board should reboot and switch into the Client mode, but that never happens! Did I miss anything in between? When I press the B1 Button I can see as IP only 0.0.0.0 as Ip and 80 for the port – for me no valid IP…

I tried to reset the board several time but with the same result as before…

I am a bit lost – any help appreciated!

Many thanks,

Peter

Samer
    Keymaster

You should be selecting the wifi network inside your home not the OpenSprinkler wifi. Your screenshots suggested you are trying to connect to the OpenSprinkler wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, my fault! Now it works…

Thanks a lot,

Peter

olinka
    Participant

I hard reset my device and now I cannot connect to the wifi network. I selected the wifi network, entered password and the device shows “Connecting…”, but does not reset. When I press the B1 button, the device shows the new IP address: 192.168.0.45 port: 80.
    When I connect to the new wifi network with my mobile, I can access opensprinkler from the browser on the above ip and port, but only the SSID selection screen appears. Please help. 🙂

Thank you,
    Oli

olinka
    Participant

I solved the problem: The issue only happens if I tried to setup from Chrome on Android. It works when I made the sepup with my notebook’s Chrome browser. Most probably the Android does not support updeteing the browser with the new IP address.

Ray
    Keymaster

This is likely a minor bug in the original firmware 2.1.7 — in that firmware, the WiFi setup requires the browser to send acknowledgement, but some of the newer phones, like my pixel 2, would disconnect the WiFi as soon as the controller switches to station mode, causing the controller to never receive browser acknowledgement hence can’t finish the setup. The newer firmware, 2.1.8, addressed this issue by not requiring browser acknowledgement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler 3.0 – WiFi Setup Problem