OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler Always Showing "0.00in" Rain for Yesterday

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ronald
    Participant

Have a PWS that sends data to WU. Rain will show up for the first day in OpenSprinkler, but does not show anything for yesterday. Have rebooted many times, changed to a new Weather Underground API key many times, deleted WU PWS and set up new PWS on WU, reset OpenSprinkler back to factory default poured water into the PWS and it shows up on WU and shows up in Opensprinkler on the day I poured the water in. However, it does not show up in yesterday’s. Weather Underground shows everything else ok such as temp. and rain for yesterday and none for today. Weather Station is Weather Station ID: KGAAPPLI8.

App Version 1.50, Firmware 2.1.6, Hardware Version 2.3-AC

In the past, the rain would show up for yesterday. The only thing left to do is downgrade firmware to see if that will fix the problem. In the past I have upgraded at least two times using Win7 with no problems. The only problme now is that I cannot communicate with OpenSprinkler since I am using Win10.

A recent rain one evening shows that OpenSprinkler, WU, my PWS local download, my PWS data transmitted to Acurite all show 3.49″ rain. I looked out the window and all this rain occurred in a little over an hour. Yet my OpenSprinkler shows 0.00″ of rain for yesterday and wants to give my grass 110% watering time today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronald
    Participant

Problem Solved

Weather Underground puts a blue marker on the map indicating where my PWS is located based on the address I gave them when registering my PWS. Using GPS for my address will take you to a wrong place about 800t from my actual PWS. The wrong GPS location is a glitch that everyone encounters when coming to my location. I was clicking on the map showing my actual PWS location vs. using the marker that WU had for my PWS.

Using my actual PWS location(attachment OpenSprinkler2.jpg), rain would show up correctly for the day it occurred and would show up as “0.00” for “Precip Yesterday” when the next day occurred.

However, clicking on the Blue marker 800ft away in attachment OpenSprinkler3.jpg will give the correct result for the “Precip Yesterday”.

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, thanks for letting us know. We also received a support ticket a couple weeks ago about a similar issue, where WUnderground is returning invalid (negative) rain fall data for a certain location, but after changing the location slightly it gave the correct data.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler Always Showing "0.00in" Rain for Yesterday