OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Opensprinkler android app "breaks" wifi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Goobie
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been using my Opensprinkler for a while and absolutely love it. It works beautifully. Then a few months ago I got a new phone (Sony Xperia M5, running Android 5.1). I downloaded the opensprinkler app and everything works fine. The app runs as well as it did on my previous phone (Samsung S4 mini).

Then I started having issues with my phone: sometimes after an hour’s use, sometimes longer, the phone had trouble with data throughput on wifi. It associated and connected perfectly to the access point, but no internet (WAN) and no connection to any of my home LAN shares. This frustrated me a lot. I went through cycles of wiping the phone and loading the apps over and over again. So through this process of elimination it turns out that if I don’t install the opensprinkler android app then the phone works flawlessly. As soon as the app is installed the trouble starts. When the app is removed the trouble stops.

At the moment I’m using the phone without opensprinkler and using a PC desktop to access my irrigation, but this is not ideal, I REALLY want to use the android app. Is anybody else having such issues? Can somebody help, perhaps I’m doing something wrong.

Don’t know if this will be useful, but here is additional information:
    1. Opensprinkler has a fixed IP address
    2. App version: 1.4.9 / Firmware: 2.1.6 / Hardware version 2.3-AC
    3. Running PFSense as router

I’m open to try any suggestion

thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

That’s really strange, the first time I heard about such an issue. I wonder if it makes any difference if you close the app after you are done using it. When the app is kept in the background it will continue to pull data from the controller. Closing it should help. If this doesn’t help, then this is something far more bizarre…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Opensprinkler android app "breaks" wifi