OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.5 Released

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I just checked in OpenSprinkler firmware 2.0.5. This firmware adds support for per-station ‘ignore rain’ bit, which allows a station to ignore rain delay / rain sensing. This seems to be a commonly requested feature and it’s already implemented in the latest OSPi software, so I followed Dan’s lead to add it to the Arduino-based OpenSprinkler as well. A special thank you to Mark Bomball who paved most of the implementation. A few quick notes:

– When rain delay is in action or rain is detected (using rain sensor), stations that have ‘ignore rain’ bit checked will run as usual. You can set ‘ignore rain’ bit on the Master station as well.
    – When the controller is in manual mode or run-once mode, rain delay / sensing will be completely ignored, and stations will run as usual.
    – A rain icon is also added and will be displayed to the LCD when rain delay is in action or rain is detected.

Samer has also revised the OpenSprinkler mobile app to support for setting ‘ignore rain’ per station. My understanding is that the iOS app is pending approval from the app store, and should be available in a few days; apps for the other platforms are available right now (Samer, correct me if I am wrong).

How to Upgrade to Firmware 2.0.5
    Because I’d like to collect feedback / bug report before making it available to the public, I’ve not updated the firmware updater programs on the OpenSprinkler homepage yet. Instead, use the firmware updater program from the Github repository (https://github.com/rayshobby/opensprinkler). Alternatively, use the ‘os_firmware_info.txt’ file and the ‘Firmware’ folder in the zip file below to overwrite the corresponding file / folder in your existing firmware updater program (if you don’t have one, download it from http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=732#upload). This will allow you to upgrade your OpenSprinkler 2.0 or 2.1 to firmware 2.0.5.

Please post your comments / feedback / bug report here. Thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

This seems to be working great, thanks! Also, you are correct regarding my app. Ignore rain support is out for all devices except iOS (pending App Store approval).

clynch
    Participant

I installed 2.0.5 last night on 2.1u hardware so I could set the ignore rain sensor bit on one of my stations. Everything looks good so far.

rogerlcobb

I replaced both the Firmware folder and the os_firmware_info.txt files successfully, and my firmware updater recognizes the new firemware 2.0.5, but when I go to install the firmware, I receive an error saying the -c programming code is missing.

Anyone else have these issues trying to update?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.5 Released