OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.9 Released

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

donc
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

Sorry to hear about the problem your having.

When you upgrade your firmware, the settings are cleared and the password defaults back to opendoor. The ignore password field is also reset back to default (unchecked).

This is likely your problem.

Sorry, no luck. Tried resetting EEPROM via B3 options and using “opendoor” as PW. No success. Any ideas?

Overall setup: TP Link Wireless set to Client Mode, static IP. I get to the password screen but no password I have EVER used works, nor does “opendoor.”

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

Sorry, no luck. Tried resetting EEPROM via B3 options and using “opendoor” as PW. No success. Any ideas?

Okay I think I know part of the problem. Let me take a look at this tonight (flying back home soon) and I will get back to you with a possible solution to this.

I understand how inconvenient this can be and appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this.

donc
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@donc wrote:

Okay I think I know part of the problem. Let me take a look at this tonight (flying back home soon) and I will get back to you with a possible solution to this.

I understand how inconvenient this can be and appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this.

Thanks Salbahra.

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

@salbahra wrote:

@donc wrote:

Thanks Salbahra.

I have taken the first step to remedy this situation which is to check if ignore password is enabled and not to prompt you for it. This part is already live.

I am working with Ray to figure out why the default “opendoor” password would be rejected after a fresh restore.

Samer
    Keymaster

@TechFan wrote:

Btw, after trying to disable a program with osx last night and getting password errors, I restarted the osx client app and found programs missing there as well. Restored to get them back, but what killed them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am unable to recreate this problem. I am using your export (should be same data) on firmware 2.0.9 with app 1.2.0. I tried enabling/disabling programs on both OS X and iOS.

When you say you are restoring to retrieve these do you mean they were gone from the actual device (http://os_ip/jp)?

Also, why did you get password errors? Was the password incorrect or were these aberrant errors?

Thanks!

Update: In the future, let’s use separate threads for each issue please since this one is getting cluttered with multiple issues.

Update 2: I didn’t change program handling between 1.1.8 and 1.2.0 but I suppose the problem could be incompatible apps (I strongly doubt it). I will install 1.1.8 on my iPhone and try again.

TechFan
    Participant

I didn’t try direct web before restoring from osx. Both iOS app and osx app missing programs. No logs during that time. Errant errors. Password has not be changed since setup osx app.

Samer
    Keymaster

@TechFan wrote:

I didn’t try direct web before restoring from osx. Both iOS app and osx app missing programs. No logs during that time. Errant errors. Password has not be changed since setup osx app.

The only way for the invalid password error to show up is if OpenSprinkler returns a 401 and it’s only shown on commands that change options/programs/etc:

if (e.status===401 && //(?:cv|cs|cr|cp|uwa|dp|co|cl|cu)/.exec(dest)) {
    showerror(_("Check device password and try again."));
    }

Source: https://github.com/salbahra/Sprinklers/blob/master/www/js/main.js#L478

This makes me wonder if the firmware is giving you issues. After you restore, do things work smoothly again?

Update: I just learned the OpenSprinkler returns 401 for more than password error. Let me see what I can figure out.

Update 2: Can you reproduce this while capturing it on video or series of screenshots? I am having a hard time reproducing this issue. Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

@donc: can you try the following:
    http://your_device_ip/su
    and put in the default password opendoor, then click on submit. Does it report ‘script url saved’, or does it throw out an Unauthorized error? If it reports url saved, that means the password is accepted and it’s likely a UI or browser related issue; if you see ‘Unauthorized’, that probably means the EEPROM reset was not successful, please redo the EEPROM reset (make sure you wait until the ‘RESETTING EEPROM’ message on the LCD is done).

Ray
    Keymaster

@Oasiz37:

Too bad you’ve decided to discontinue the original UI; in my experience, it was 10x better, even when used with my phone, not just desktop. Is there any way (SD card?) to keep the old UI around?

I understand your concern, but consider that:
    1. The original UI is based on static html pages, which are very much outdated and do not offer dynamic page updates;
    2. The original UI requires duplicate program code to output basically the same information as JSON — this takes away valuable resources that can be used to implement new features.
    3. The original UI and mobile UI are inconsistent and it’s becoming too much overhead to maintain two different UIs. It’s much easier to maintain just the mobile one which can be used across all platforms.

The reason the new UI is slow is partly due to the fact that it needs to be compatible with all OpenSprinkler firmwares, including OSPi software. But Samer has been working to address this issue by making use of browser caching, so that UI may take longer on first load but from then on it’s much snappier.

You asked about keeping the old UI around: this unfortunately is not possible from 2.0.9, due to reason 2 I mentioned above. Thanks.

donc
    Participant

@ray wrote:

@donc: can you try the following:
    http://your_device_ip/su
    and put in the default password opendoor, then click on submit. Does it report ‘script url saved’, or does it throw out an Unauthorized error? If it reports url saved, that means the password is accepted and it’s likely a UI or browser related issue; if you see ‘Unauthorized’, that probably means the EEPROM reset was not successful, please redo the EEPROM reset (make sure you wait until the ‘RESETTING EEPROM’ message on the LCD is done).

I did the following:
    1. Reset EEPROM.
    2. Changed IP to 192.168.2.120 vi B3 “Set Options”
    3. Opened new browser page (IE9)
    4. Set URL to 192.168.2.120/su
    5. Browser returned with “Rayshobby.net” page asking for password
    6. Entered “opendoor” password; browser returned dialog “Script url saved”
    7. Clicked on OK button; browser page changed to “new” login/password page
    8. Entered “opendoor” password; yielded “INVALID PASSWORD”

Note: Sometimes after step 4 the browser page is the page that says password incorrect and goes on to ask about caps locked, etc. This is the same page that would sometimes show up in the old UI when changing from one mode to another or going to or returning from Options page. This was inconsistent on the old UI — didn’t always happen, but after a page refresh all would start working again.

UPDATE: My Home Automation System (Mi Casa Verde Vera3) is able to successfully communicate with OS using opendoor pw. I can change pw in Vera to a bogus pw and it doesn’t work. Change it back and it does work. Does this point to a browser/UI problem?

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

Note: Sometimes after step 4 the browser page is the page that says password incorrect and goes on to ask about caps locked, etc. This is the same page that would sometimes show up in the old UI when changing from one mode to another or going to or returning from Options page. This was inconsistent on the old UI — didn’t always happen, but after a page refresh all would start working again.

Here are some things you can try to help us debug:

1) Try a different browser (Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc).

2) Try an available application (iOS, Android, or any other platform, including Windows 8)

Update: Using IE9 (not emulated) I am able to reproduce this. Give me a minute to identify and fix the issue.

Ray
    Keymaster

@donc, my suggestion is to try a different browser (Chrome or Firefox would be my recommendation). At least this will help us find out if it’s a browser related issue. I can’t test IE9 right now because my XP says it can’t upgrade to IE9 and my Win8 says it can’t downgrade to IE9…

donc
    Participant

@ray wrote:

@donc, my suggestion is to try a different browser (Chrome or Firefox would be my recommendation). At least this will help us find out if it’s a browser related issue. I can’t test IE9 right now because my XP says it can’t upgrade to IE9 and my Win8 says it can’t downgrade to IE9…

Thanks all.

I’m somewhat reluctant to install Chrome or Firefox as this computer is part of my business network, and our IT person prefers we all stick with the same browser as it’s easier for him to maintain and troubleshoot problems. I’ll contact him and discuss installing Chrome.

BTW, take a look at the update to my previous post regarding being able to communicate with OS via my home automation system. Considering that, It seems to me that it’s probably an issue related to IE9.

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

I’m somewhat reluctant to install Chrome or Firefox as this computer is part of my business network, and our IT person prefers we all stick with the same browser as it’s easier for him to maintain and troubleshoot problems.

I just fixed this for IE9. Please try now.

You might have to refresh a few times to update the cache.

This was related to IE9 specifically. I have code in place for ajax transport methods but somehow jQuery didn’t detect it resulting in an error, “No Transport” from jQuery. Should be fixed now.

donc
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@donc wrote:

I’m somewhat reluctant to install Chrome or Firefox as this computer is part of my business network, and our IT person prefers we all stick with the same browser as it’s easier for him to maintain and troubleshoot problems.

I just fixed this for IE9. Please try now.

You might have to refresh a few times to update the cache.

This was related to IE9 specifically. I have code in place for ajax transport methods but somehow jQuery didn’t detect it resulting in an error, “No Transport” from jQuery. Should be fixed now.

Had to close then reopen IE9 plus delete browsing history to get it to work, but it DID WORK! 😀 Thank you!

BTW, I occassionally reach the TP Link instead of OS when invoking OS. Is this normal? Or do I have something set up incorrectly?

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

BTW, I occassionally reach the TP Link instead of OS when invoking OS. Is this normal? Or do I have something set up incorrectly?

I wouldn’t say that is normal however if they are sharing the same IP (if it is routing instead of switching) and you have port 80 forwarded I suppose it is possible there is a conflict between the port forward and the HTTP server on the device.

Maybe I should ask to clarify. Are you saying when you open the browser to http://192.168.2.120 sometimes you see a TP link configuration page? And other times you see the web interface?

@donc wrote:

Had to close then reopen IE9 plus delete browsing history to get it to work, but it DID WORK! 😀 Thank you!

Glad to hear it’s working!

TechFan
    Participant

So far since restoring again on 1.2.0 on osx it hasn’t happened again. Ie, programs haven’t disappeared.

TechFan
    Participant

If we break out issues, there won’t be any hope getting to 100 posts. 🙁

Samer
    Keymaster

@TechFan wrote:

So far since restoring again on 1.2.0 on osx it hasn’t happened again. Ie, programs haven’t disappeared.

Okay, let’s hope it was a random fluke? But I would like to put this to rest so if it happens again please let me know and if possible steps leading up to the deletion.

Thanks!

Update: Why do you want 100+ posts?

TechFan
    Participant

Just seems like a milestone. 🙂
    I’ll let you know if it comes up again.

donc
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@donc wrote:

I wouldn’t say that is normal however if they are sharing the same IP (if it is routing instead of switching) and you have port 80 forwarded I suppose it is possible there is a conflict between the port forward and the HTTP server on the device.

Maybe I should ask to clarify. Are you saying when you open the browser to http://192.168.2.120 sometimes you see a TP link configuration page? And other times you see the web interface?

Yes, I do occassionally see a TP link configuration page.

Samer
    Keymaster

@donc wrote:

Which particular device do you have and do you know which mode it is configured in?

donc
    Participant

@salbahra wrote:

@donc wrote:

Which particular device do you have and do you know which mode it is configured in?

The TP Link device model is TL-WR702N Ver. 1.4. It is configured as “Client.”

Ray
    Keymaster

I have the same TP-Link model and it’s configured as Client. I’ve encountered the case where I type in OpenSprinkler’s IP and it shows me the router’s configuration page. I am not sure why that happens because the router should be on a different IP (or has a hidden IP). In any case, if this is a constant issue, you may consider setting OpenSprinkler to use a different port number (such as 8080).

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler (not OSPi!) Firmware 2.0.9 Released