OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler not selecting proper weather station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

paravis
    Participant

Hello, we are using OpenSprinkler version 2.1.7 on Raspberry Pi, and I can’t seem to get it to use our personal weather station data from Weather Underground.

It always selects a weather station that’s in a much different (but close by) area. How can I manually set this to a specific station ID, instead of letting it choose based on the latitude/longitude? (By the way, the lat/long settings are almost exactly the same in OpenSprinkler and Weather Underground.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    ~Laz

paravis
    Participant

Actually, it might be working? I set my location to pws:KCAMENIF15 and it seems to be pulling the proper data now.

I was not able to do this yesterday … It would not save or let me put anything in except for clicking on the map. Maybe a browser hiccup?

Is there a way I can verify the specific weather station that it is pulling its data from, aside from comparing the data between WU and OS?

Samer
    Keymaster

If you are using the “pws:” syntax then it will only poll that station so you should be good. Not sure why it didn’t work for you the first time but glad to hear it works now!

paravis
    Participant

Yep. I really don’t know why it was giving me trouble before … But yes, we are good to go!

Much thanks for your efforts, Samer. Beautiful application. I mean, REALLY beautiful application! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OpenSprinkler not selecting proper weather station