OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler or OpenSprinkler Pi?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joel
    Participant

Hello,
    I was just wondering whether I should be getting the OpenSprinkler (with the wifi) or the OpenSprinkler Pi for my use case down here in Australia?
    The main requirement is being able to connect to Amazon Web Services (probably with AWS IoT). I would prefer to have wifi built in so I have less to configure, but I’m wondering if it’s still possible to use the wifi version with AWS IoT?
    I know I can use the Raspberry Pi with AWS IoT but I don’t want to end up purchasing and configuring half a dozen add-ons for the raspberry pi if it would work with wifi version anyways.

Can anyone share their experiences using OpenSprinkler with AWS?

Many thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

If you foresee making firmware changes, it may be easier to go with OSPi because changing firmware is easier with a Linux-based system. In the end it depending on what you are more familiar with: Linux or embedded programming with ESP8266. The current firmware has no built-in support for AWS IoT, so either you will need to use the existing features to interface with AWS, or change firmware to do so.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler OpenSprinkler or OpenSprinkler Pi?