Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

massimo
    Participant

Hi all,
    I just installed the opensprinkler for raspberry 2 , I have configured all os including wifi.
    As soon as I turned on the master relay for the pump , the opensprinkler stopped working and not power ON.
    The relay I used is the 22:22
    On the PCB there are no burn marks. I deassemblato the rapberry and still works.
    Do you have any suggestions for me?
    Sorry for bad english.

Ray
    Keymaster

The relay I used is the 22:22 — I am not sure what this means, is 22:22 a model number of the relay? Is it 24VAC relay or DC relay?

massimo
    Participant

The relay 22.22 is 24VAC http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/12737.pdf
    This is the code of relay FINDER 22.22.8.024.4000

Ray
    Keymaster

The relay seems fine and should work with OpenSprinkler. Could it be that you wired the relay incorrectly? Note that the correct way is to connect the two coil wires to OpenSprinkler just like a normal sprinkler station (i.e. one wires goes to COMMON, the other goes to a station port). The coil resistance should be around 30 to 40 ohm as the datasheet suggests.

It’s possible that the fuse on OSPi has burned. To check you can use a multimeter to measure the resistance across the fuse (it’s a small brownish component right above the green COM terminal block and it’s marked N). If the resistance is not close to 0 that means it has burned out.

massimo
    Participant

Thanks Ray,
    it is the fuse that has blown. I should be able to desoldering . Can you tell me the code of the fuse I need to buy?
    Thank you!!!!

Ray
    Keymaster

The on-board fuse is a small SMD fuse. Part number is: CC12H2A-TR
    Note that below that fuse are two pin holes, connected in parallel to the SMD fuse. These are meant for through-hole fuse which are probably easier to solder than SMD fuse. You can get a through-hole fuse like this one:
    http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3JQ%202-R/507-1643-ND/1010023
    solder it to the two pin holes and that’s it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.