OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OpenSprinkler PI – (small) fuse burned

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

steppi
    Participant

Hello everyone … Today I also installed the Zone Expansion Board on my OpenSprinkler PI.

All right, but after a few minutes it burned the small fuse near the AC connector.

How can I fix? You should replace the fuse, but I can not remove it … How can I do?

Thank you and hello !!

Ray
    Keymaster

The fuse is a solder-on type. Do you have a soldering iron? If so, you can clip and desolder the existing fuse, and solder a new one. You can send an email to [email protected] to arrange for support.

Because the fuse is connected on the COM wire, it’s likely you may have a shorted solenoid, or for some reason the solenoids are drawing more than 2 amp of current that triggered the fuse. So make sure to check your solenoids before trying again.

steppi
    Participant

Thanks Ray!
    My mistake … I have two cables to connect an expansion, with 24 zones .. I made ​​a mistake and I connected the cable to the AC zone3.
    Luckily there is a fuse, or burned the card!

I do not have a soldering iron, but I organize. What size fuse should I buy?

Thanks for your support!

regards

Ray
    Keymaster

If you can email to [email protected] we will arrange to send you a few.

steppi
    Participant

@ray wrote:

If you can email to [email protected] we will arrange to send you a few.

Ok thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OpenSprinkler PI – (small) fuse burned