OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OPENSPRINKLER V2.2 LOSES SETTINGS AND FAILS TO TURN OFF VALVES QUITE OFTEN

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

I have three setups, one in Australia and two in 2 different locations in France. I have never had a problem with the Australian one
    but on at least ten occasions over the past few years one or the other of the units in France just suddenly lost most of its settings and all its programs.
    Worse still, this happened four times when a watering cycle was in progress as I discovered only WHEN I RECEIVED SOME MASSIVE BILLS totalling thousands of euros.
    Apparently the Open Sprinkler had failed to turn off its 24V solenoid valves (non-latching) with the water running in some cases for over a week before I noticed.
    (not being in France at the time)
    Is there some way to prevent this?
    I have seen timer circuits that can be setup to switch the relay back to its OFF position if a pulse signal is not received for too long a time,
    such as the ones on this page where, incidentally, the person had a similar situation:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=185076&sid=660b6f204437cf1bb3b110f56251cb46

Does anyone know of any failsafe circuit that would be triggered by the 24 volt AC circuit that would cut the current to the non-latching solenoid valve in the event of
    the OS freezing or otherwise crashing mid-cycle?
    I’ve looked about on the web but cannot see any allowance for this problem in the software design; they all seem to assume that nothing can go wrong, nothing can go wrong, nothing can go wrong, nothing …

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OPENSPRINKLER V2.2 LOSES SETTINGS AND FAILS TO TURN OFF VALVES QUITE OFTEN