OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Opensprinkler with LoRa

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thekenoshakid
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a vineyard manager. My goal is to use an OpenSprinkler (or OSPi) as a master controller, and use several wirelessly connected valve controllers using arduino and OSBee. Thing is, I need better range than can be had using the 433 mhz transmitter/receiver that’s available on rayshobby. I’m thinking of using some kind of LoRa shield for arduino, but I’d like to make sure that I can make Opensprinkler talk to OSBee using LoRa. I already have an Opensprinkler, but it occurs to me that it might be easier to make this work using OSPi.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray
    Keymaster

I quickly checked the LoRa website and it seems the module uses SPI to communicate with microcontrollers. So it should work fine with either OSPi or OpenSprinkler. Programming wise, OSPi is possibly easier (depending on how familiar you are with RPi vs. Arduino), but I suppose they provide libraries for both platforms.

nomennudem
    Participant

Cooking Hacks in spain sell lora modules but they are a bit expensive.

https://www.cooking-hacks.com/lorawan-module-for-arduino-raspberry-pi-868-mhz-xbee-socket

SODAQ is also selling Lora parts.
    http://shop.sodaq.com/en/lora/

Ray what would it take to get a lora module & good soil moister in the store?

Ray
    Keymaster

By “get xxx in the store” you mean for us to carry the products? Sorry but we don’t have any plan to carry these products, especially since the demand is unknown.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did any one getthrough with LoRa on an OSPI or OS… ?!
    I have been gifted(donated) a set of LoRa modules (one -USB model, two others non USB type)

if any one has made any progress with LoRa pl do help me with it. I would like to use this LoRa to control an arduino.

Ray
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I have no prior experience with LoRa modules. I’ve seen several projects using the RFM69 module, which seems a popular choice. I think it’s SPI interface.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Opensprinkler with LoRa