OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Opensprinler DC v2.3 not starting stations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

robm
    Participant

Hi All,

Took my opensprinkler 2.3 DC that was working at home (via wifi from TPlink access point) and set it up at work with a direct ethernet connection. Using a 9V power supply (not the same one i used at home).

Can login to the unit no worries, however when i try and start any station from the menu, or schedule a program to run, nothing happens. Well let me qualify that, the interface alwasy says system idle at the bottom of the screen (whether i use a PC or my phone app), and when i go to manually turn a station on while standing in front of the opensprinkler controller, as soon as i hit ‘submit’ on the phone, the phone app says station queued then the controller appears to reboot – ie: the LCD screen blanks, then says connecting…. then NTP synch, then just back to the standard screen.

I tried to hard reset the device by holding in B2 while powering the unit on, however this doesn’t do anything, even if i hold it for 15 seconds.

Any ideas as to what is going on, or what tests i can do to try and isolate the issue?

robm
    Participant

I also just tested voltage across the common and each station terminal, and there was nothing. Why would this have worked at home, yet when i transported it to work, it stopped? Are there any components on the board i can check? I am comfortable with circuit board repairs. It appears to me that the system is not outputting anythign – although i, still not convinced its just a hardware issue alone, since the machine appears to restart whenever you start a station (see above post where i mention the welcome screen “connecting…./NTP synch” appears whenever you go to start a station

Ray
    Keymaster

Check your power adapter: chances are that your adapter is not able to supply the current required to open valves. It needs to have a minimum of 1amp output current.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Opensprinler DC v2.3 not starting stations