OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OS DIY Case Cad Files

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sfyffe
    Participant

Hi Ray,

I am interested in expanding the footprint of the 2.2u pcb in order to fit in a nRF24L01+ RF board that uses an SMA style antenna  (http://www.ebay.com/itm/310651702557).    Can you share your case design files on GitHub and vendor so I can stretch the enclosure to accommodate the new board size?   I would also want to include an access hole for the antenna connection to pass through.

I am thinking about putting the RF board on the right side between the LCD and pushbuttons.  I would probably just solder it in or maybe just use some headers.

Best Regards,

Stephen

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry, just realized I haven’t relied to this post. To answer your question, unfortunately I don’t have a copy of the case design files — the case is designed by SeeedStudio and they contracted it to a Chinese company to have the cases manufactured. Given that there is plenty of space close to the top of the PCB, you should be able to easily fit an nRF24 module there. If you want to use nRF24 with antenna, all you need to do is to drill a hole on the enclosure to let the antenna pass through.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OS DIY Case Cad Files