I’m stumped and I can’t find anyone in the forum that has run into this yet. Ever since I upgraded my V2.0 opensprinkler to the 2.1.7 firmware, it keeps factory resetting on reboot. It seems to do it on power cycle as well.
It’s like there’s a setting in there from the updater that never got cleared out. I’m really not sure.
I’ve tried a bunch of things –
* i formatted the microSD card
* I reset it to factory defaults via the web interface and then changed one sprinkler station name and clicked reboot -> it reset
* I tried importing the old configuration and rebooted -> it factory reset
* I tried to import and leave it – it appears to go for a few days or a week but at some point it reboots and clears itself
* I tried to reset it using button B1 – but i can’t seem to get past the “factory reset? yes” screen
* I also re-ran the update to V2.1.7 but no dice.
I would recommend doing it step by step until you find out when it stopped working. Here is my suggestion:
– Update to firmware 2.1.7, pop out microSD card, test to see if it reboots.
– Then pop in microSD card, try again
– Then import configurations, try again
and so on. If it reboots right in the first step, then it has to be a firmware problem itself (and has nothing to do with microSD card either). In any case, this allows you to find out what causes the reboot.