OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OS Keeps resetting on reboot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

semag
    Participant

Hey guys –

I’m stumped and I can’t find anyone in the forum that has run into this yet. Ever since I upgraded my V2.0 opensprinkler to the 2.1.7 firmware, it keeps factory resetting on reboot. It seems to do it on power cycle as well.

It’s like there’s a setting in there from the updater that never got cleared out. I’m really not sure.

I’ve tried a bunch of things –
    * i formatted the microSD card
    * I reset it to factory defaults via the web interface and then changed one sprinkler station name and clicked reboot -> it reset
    * I tried importing the old configuration and rebooted -> it factory reset
    * I tried to import and leave it – it appears to go for a few days or a week but at some point it reboots and clears itself
    * I tried to reset it using button B1 – but i can’t seem to get past the “factory reset? yes” screen
    * I also re-ran the update to V2.1.7 but no dice.

Any ideas?

semag
    Participant

FYI –

I have solved the problem temporarily by moving back to 2.1.6 firmware. My OS is no longer resetting on reboot – so it looks like there’s a problem in 2.1.7?

Ray
    Keymaster

I would recommend doing it step by step until you find out when it stopped working. Here is my suggestion:
    – Update to firmware 2.1.7, pop out microSD card, test to see if it reboots.
    – Then pop in microSD card, try again
    – Then import configurations, try again
    and so on. If it reboots right in the first step, then it has to be a firmware problem itself (and has nothing to do with microSD card either). In any case, this allows you to find out what causes the reboot.

semag
    Participant

Thanks Ray!

I have been running smoothly at 2.1.6 – same MicroSD and everything. I may try to upgrade again and check it out when I get some time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware OS Keeps resetting on reboot