OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OS Pi Programs fail to run on certain days

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

davidjb
    Participant

My OS Pi is currently configured with the latest unified firmware.  However, even before I performed this upgrade, the OS Pi was failing to run a set of two daily programs that should occur every day at 1.10am (2 mins; 1 station) and 1.20am (8mins & 6 mins, different stations) respectively.  The two progams do not overlap in time.

The OS Pi failed to run the schedule on Saturday (yesterday; 11 April) or Sunday (today; 12 April) and looking back at the logs, the program also failed to run last Sunday (7 days ago; 5 April) and Saturday 21 March, Sunday 22 March & Monday 23 March, with nothing on those days.  I’d noticed the fail to run, but had no time to debug so simply ran the schedule manually.

Curiously, the scheduled times have always shown correctly on the Preview Programs listing, however, and if I skip several days ahead it always looks right.  I have a rain sensor plugged in but it’s configured correctly (and works!) & the area where I live almost never receives rain, so it’s seemingly not that.  Weather Adjustment isn’t enabled for either program.

If there was consistency in failing to run, I’d think it was a settings issue.  However, given the programs run *most* of the time, it must be something else.

Is there any way to obtain some low-level debug logs out of the firmware?  I’m comfortable debugging applications; I just need a place to start.

Thanks!

Also, here’s my version breakdown: App Version: 1.4.1, Hardware Version: OSPi, Firmware: 2.1.3, Raspberry Pi B, Installed using latest (at the time) image and followed upgrade instructions.

davidjb
    Participant

As an update to this, my OS Pi is no longer running any programs automatically & hasn’t for the last 3 days.  This sounds similar to others’ issues mentioned on this forum.

Ray
    Keymaster

I just updated this thread:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/programs-only-seem-to-run-when-website-or-app-is-open/#post-36743
    Apparently there is a bug in the previous version that was setting a non-block socket incorrectly. The bug is now fixed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OS Pi Programs fail to run on certain days