OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee) OSBee – MQTT request

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Gloser
    Participant

Hi
    I expect that someone already asked,
    but I think it would be perfect for all the home-automation users, if a MQTT feature would be available.
    at the moment, I query the informations (watering, zone, runtime, …) via the API and Rest, but MQTT would be more perfect.
    Maybe someone has already modified the firmware for mqtt support on the OSBee?
    I also do not need the Blynk App, because I want to keep my automation stuff locally, without any cloud communication 😉

thx
    br
    David

Ray
    Keymaster

There is no current plan to support MQTT for OSBee — OSBee is meant to be a low-cost latching solenoid controller for 3 zones. Now that we have stared selling OS 3.0 Latch, it’s unlikely there will be any future firmware update for OSBee. In comparison, OS 3.0 Latch controls 8 zones, and runs standard OpenSprinkler firmware. We are working to add MQTT support for the standard OpenSprinkler firmware.

That said, given that OSBee is open-source, you can feel free to modify the firmware to add MQTT. It shouldn’t be that difficult as the code base is similar to OpenGarage, and we already have MQTT support for OpenGarage.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Bee (OSBee) OSBee – MQTT request