OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSP1 V1.44 Pinout drawing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dereks
    Participant

I have somehow damaged my OSPi board and have now destroyed 1 Pi Zero W, 1 Pi Model 3 and 2 usb wifi dongles.

Powering up with no Pi connected, the power LED comes on and I have 5 volts between VCC (just above orange socket) and ground.

Can someone point me to a drawing or image of the with voltage I should expect at different points around the OSPi board?

The Raspberry Pi’s are rather expensive in Australia so I would like to do some testing before I “smoke test” another Pi.

I apologise if it is something obvious but my Google Fu is not up to the task.

Derek…

Ray
    Keymaster

When in double, please always go to:
    support.opensprinkler.com
    scroll down to ‘OpenSprinkler Pi’ section and check the OpenSprinkler Pi user manual. It contains information about voltage testing, and pin diagrams.

5V on VCC-GND is WRONG: VCC should be 3.3V, not 5V. OSPi does not generate VCC voltage — it’s coming from your RPi. It’s likely you may have misaligned RPi with OSPi when you plugged it in. I’ve seen a previous case where a customer toasted two RPis before realizing he misaligned RPi with OSPi when plugging it in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSP1 V1.44 Pinout drawing