OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi 1.4+ and Raspberry Pi 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

joe2
    Participant

I just got my OSPi board in today and I put it together. It looks like the new layout doesn’t match the videos as I don’t need any cables to connect, but the USB and RJ45 port aren’t lined up properly?

Is this expected? It caught me quite a bit off guard, is everyone just using wifi or cutting their own holes in the plastic case?

http://imgur.com/a/KBtQ8

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi, Yes this is correct and described on the product page for OSPi. Basically, the enclosure mold we are using is quite expensive and currently we are only using one case for all three platforms. The case is tailored for the Arduino based product, which is meant to be the easy drop in replacement.

The Pi and Beagle therefore will fit and work inside this case but the ports are not tailored or cut out properly for the them. As you mentioned, you are welcome to cut your own holes in the case for access.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi 1.4+ and Raspberry Pi 2