OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi 1.4 Board Troubles?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JordanDave
    Participant

So I’ve been having some problems with my OSPi. I’ve been running it for several years, but began having issues a couple of days ago. I’ve been trying to sort out what’s going on, but it’s all a bit strange.

First, my config is the OSPi 1.4 board running old version 2.0.3 software on a RPi 2. I could update the software, but can’t see any reason to do so since everything has been working for years.

So I’ve just run through some electrical tests – turning stations on and off and checking the board output with a multimeter. I’ve got three active stations – stations 1, 4, and 5. I turned each on in sequence and checked all 8 outputs.

Station 1 – Turns on stations 1, 2 and 3
    Station 4 – Turns on station 6
    Station 5 – Also turns on station 6

In each case, all of the other stations are off.

Not sure how to proceed. I can perform the same tests on the other (inactive) stations just to see more of a pattern. Or I can do something else???

I’m hoping someone who’s more familiar with the board can consider whether this would be a possible board failure mode…or if I’m just losing my mind.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave

JordanDave
    Participant

Well … Never mind.

I cannot explain what I was seeing with my multi-meter, but it just seemed too outrageous. So I put an array of LEDs together so I can easily see which stations are on and which are off and, from the LED viewpoint, everything is working just fine.

I remain puzzled, but moving forward again!

Dave

Ray
    Keymaster

If you are using multimeter to measure the voltage, make sure you measure AC voltage, not DC.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi 1.4 Board Troubles?