OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi Pre-configured SD Card Image available for download

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Keymaster

This is a quick announcement that I’ve made an SD card image for OSPi. It’s compressed from an existing OSPi installation that includes Dan’s interval_program, Rich’s sprinklers_pi program, and Samer’s OpenSprinkler mobile web app. Download it, burn it to an SD card, and pop it to your Raspberry Pi, then you are ready to go 🙂

For details, please check this blog post:
    http://rayshobby.net/?p=7606

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you Ray! This is amazing! Should solve a lot of headaches!!!

KanyonKris
    Participant

Good work, Ray. The image should help a lot.

declanslater
    Participant

Thanks Ray! Very Nice!

This made the installation really simple!

One small issue I can’t seem to get around: I’m trying to use port forwarding from my router, which works for several other Raspberry Pi devices with same type of wifi adapter.

The Raspberry Pi which I sued the Ospi SD card image seems to be blocking all attempts to reach the device from any external ip address.
    That would include http as well as ssh.

Now that my sprinklers are working, I would really prefer to correct the issue with this installation as opposed to installing fresh without benefit of the Ospi sd card image.

Can anyone clue me in on the setting or application that I need to adjust???

Ray
    Keymaster

I am not aware of the issue that the pre-configured SD card blocks access to RPi from an external IP address. To make sure: did you set up port forwarding on your router to map an external request to RPi?

bcirulis
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having trouble downloading the file from Google Docs – it just downloads a text file saying “service unavailable”.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    Would anyone else have a copy on anther file sharing service at all?
    Thanks
    Ben

Ray
    Keymaster

I just downloaded a copy and it seems fine. Perhaps a network traffic problem? Try again, and consider using a downloader like Flashget which can resume the download if it gets disrupted.

bcirulis
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ray.
    I traced the cause to some issues with Google servers in Australia last week, and have managed to download now.
    Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi Pre-configured SD Card Image available for download