OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi with RPi model A

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

galrot
    Participant

Hello!

I want to use OSPi for my garden.
    Will it work together with RPi model A? I saw that the instructions are only for model B.

Thanks,
    Gal

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes it supports model A. The difference between A and B is that A does not have Ethernet jack and controller. The screw hole locations are the same with model B.

galrot
    Participant

Thank you for the swift reply.
    I have another question before having a decision, regarding the backup battery: can you please explain its role and limits? I am especially concerned about the possible power failure while the irrigation system is working.

Ray
    Keymaster

The backup battery is used for the real-time clock (RTC). It does time keeping even when the controller is off or the Internet connection is down.

Typical 24V AC sprinkler solenoids need power to stay on. When power is down, they will turn off and hence no water will flow through the valves.

galrot
    Participant

Thank you Ray.

galrot
    Participant

Went over to buy one.
    It says that it’s version 1.3, but the product code is 1.2. Which one is true? Is the 1.3 already out?

QMan
    Participant

It is 1.3 –> I ordered one last week after waiting for it to come out, but yes I did see the reference to 1.2 that should be fixed in the item details. For added comfort, specify you want a 1.3 version in your order’s note section (I did).

Ray
    Keymaster

1.3 is already out and shipping. Sorry that the product code hasn’t been changed. Will fix it right away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) OSPi with RPi model A