OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Out door light control

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

koty
    Participant

Is it possible to use sunrise/sunset along with a specific time? What I would like to do is to turn on my outdoor lights at sunset, and turn them off at 10pm. It looks like I can turn them on at sunset and off at sunrise with no problem, but don’t see a way to use a fixed time along with the sunrise/sunset feature.

Ray
    Keymaster

That’s a good question. Current the ‘duration’ can only be a fixed amount of time or the time between sunrise to sunset or sunset to sunrise, it doesn’t give you the option of from sunrise to a fixed time etc. On the firmware side, this is relatively easy to implement, but it does require some considerable changes to the UI/app as well since it needs to provide the users various options to configure the water time. Just out of curiosity: if you are using it to control lighting, shouldn’t it suffice to set it to turn off at sunset time? What would be the situation to have it turned off at 10pm?

koty
    Participant

I have multiple lighting circuits for different lights. One for sidewalks, one for landscape, one for parking lot, and one for area lighting. At 10:00pm I would like all but the area lighting to shut off to save on electricity, but leave on the area lighting for security.

koty
    Participant

I also would like the ability to turn all the lights on if I’m away from the property. Example: I could see something going on with the cameras and turn on the lights remotely and get a better look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Out door light control