• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Biojardim
    Participant

Hi,
    I received today an OSPi 1.4 , and my question is:

– Can i power Raspberry with 5V DC power at the same time is receving the power from OSPi 1.4?

Let explain why:
    When i use the Raspberry Pi powered with the OSPi i have few reboots at the Pi. Bcs when the pressure pump starts have an big power peak. And uses the 3 phases so i dont have no “clean” phase to power the Raspberry PI.
    So i power the Raspberry with an external power, and removed the 3 pin cables that get the power from OSPi. This external power have electronic protection and UPS with battery. And worked fine after that.

Now i want to use the OSPi 1.4 , but i dont have the power cable to remove…

Ray
    Keymaster

If you have a soldering iron, the easiest way is to remove the green PTC fuse on OSPi v1.4. Once the fuse is removed, the on-board 5V will be disconnected from RPi. Here is an example picture of the PTC fuse:
    http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/1809917938554040_1.jpg
    To de-solder it, just apply soldering iron on one end of the fuse, and when it gets heated up, both ends will become loose, then you can remove it with a tweezer.

Biojardim
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Thank you.

In the OSPi the 5V dc is only used to power up the PI? Not used in another “option” ?

If not i can cut the power pin oof the Raspeberry PI…

Ray
    Keymaster

Well there are on-board components that are powered by the +5V line, particularly the relay and the DS1307 RTC. If you don’t use them, they do not have to be powered. The other components are all on the 3.3V line. Cutting off pins from RPi is fine, but I personally think removing the PTC fuse is a better solution and does not require such permanent change to RPi as cutting off pins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.