OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App port forwarding from web connection works, not app

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jordanthompson
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have my sprinkler url forwarding at godaddy like this:
    sprinklers.mydomain.com -> mydomain.com:1000

Internally I have:
    port 1000 -> 10.x.x.x:80

This is working fine so that I can access the opensprinkler page by going to:
    sprinklers.mydomain.com
    from anywhere in my browser.

Unfortunately the app does not work.
    I have tried
    mydomain.com:1000
    which also works from a browser, but not from the app.

Any suggestions?

Ray
    Keymaster

To understand the issue, did you mean that neither “sprinklers.mydomain.com” nor “mydomain.com:1000” works in the app?

jordanthompson
    Participant

Correct. But they both work via the browser.

jordanthompson
    Participant

Yes, “sprinklers.mydomain.com” nor “mydomain.com:1000″ both work in the browser, but neither work in the app.
    Not sure if my response id getting through as this “post is awaiting moderation” for me.

Samer
    Keymaster

URL Forwarding sounds like it’s an HTTP based redirect which I don’t think iOS would allow. I also noticed you said going directly to mydomain.com:1000 does not work. The only thing that’s possible is that you are using a self signed SSL certificate. If so, iOS application will not allow self signed certificates and will require you to get a legitimate one (eg. https://letsencrypt.org/).

Let us know if you are not using SSL and we can see what other diagnostics we can do to help understand this.

Thanks!

jordanthompson
    Participant

I am using a a letsencrypt SSL certificate on my webserver (mydomain.com:80 redirects to mydomain.com:443) but not on my opensprinkler (so that shouldn’t be the problem)

I am using Android 10, not IOS.

You said “mydomain.com:1000 does not work”, but it does via a browser (not the app).

Ray
    Keymaster

Perhaps you can submit a support ticket with your specific domain names (unless if you are willing to publish them on the forum here), so that we can take a further look at the issue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App port forwarding from web connection works, not app