OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Possible to schedule across midnight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

TechFan
    Participant

Is it possible to schedule across midnight? I was trying to schedule one section of newly planted sod to water for 15 minutes every hour all night. I discovered I can’t do this with a single job. Is there a way I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray
    Keymaster

Because the program’s end time has to be prior to start time, what you need to do is to split the program to two the first program will start somewhere before midnight (say 9pm), and end at 11:59pm. The second program will start at 00:00am (or perhaps later if you don’t want it to start right at 00:00), and end at, say 6am. Both programs will be set to water the selected station(s) for 15 minutes, and repeat every hour. This should achieve what you need.

TechFan
    Participant

Thx. Already did that, just wondering if I missed a way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ottorino
    Participant

Hi all,
    I think this is the proper topic to talk about a weird behavior on scheduling ’round midnight.

From time to time I find the from/to values of some of my programs changed to
    from = 00:00
    to = 00:00

This morning it happened again, and I noticed that it was a program which started at 00:01 and stopped at 08:00.
    I’m not totally sure, but I suspect that the reset may be due to the 00:01 value.

I do not know if this behavior is reproducible. I will keep an eye on it.

Any other on this forum has noticed this ?

ottorino
    Participant

This morning my pots were quite dry, so I opened the relevant program page.
    I’ve found that the program start was at 00:10 (as scheduled/wanted) but the stop was inexplicably moved from 08:10 to 00:10. This was the reason of the dryness. Is this occurring only to me ?

Ray
    Keymaster

From time to time I find the from/to values of some of my programs changed to xxx

I don’t see how this can happen: because the program settings are stored in non-volatile memory, the only way the settings can change is if you modified the programs yourself. Otherwise the program settings cannot change on their own.

ottorino
    Participant

I really do not know.
    It’s always possible that I myself changed the settings unadvertedly.
    I will take extra care when I will modify the programs

ottorino
    Participant

In the afternoon I’ve removed the battery, to control its voltage (3.2 V, viewtopic.php?f=33&t=910#p6004).

And I’m sure that this morning the program 5 was from 00:10 to 08:10. I’ve round it back at 00:10 start and 00:10 stop.

I’m underlying because this morning I checked the program, and changed the restriction from “odd days” to “None”.
    Since I doubt of me, myself, my gestures (:oops:), after saving the program I checked again the start/stop values.
    I did it from the mobile app.

I will try to reproduce this behaviour, be quiet until then and finally I will let you know.

ottorino
    Participant

Worst than that.

I enter 08:10 in the stop field, save the program 5, see that the value is still 08:10, exit the programs page, re-enter into program page, re-open program 5 and find 00:10 in stop field back again !!

TechFan
    Participant

I would guess you might have found a bug in the GUI. . .just not retrieving the value correctly. . .

Kind of hard to confirm it actually is stopping at 0:10. . .unless you are up at that time.

ottorino
    Participant

In the meanwhile I let all the fields as they are. I’m curious, so I will put a glass under some drippers. And tomorrow morning (CET) I will report the results.

Ray
    Keymaster

I enter 08:10 in the stop field, save the program 5, see that the value is still 08:10, exit the programs page, re-enter into program page, re-open program 5 and find 00:10 in stop field back again !!

To see whether this is a UI problem, you can try to use the classic web interface (instead of the app) and see if you can reproduce the issue. To do so, open a browser and type in:
    http://x.x.x.x/
    where x.x.x.x is your OpenSprinkler’s IP address. This should show you the classic web UI similar to shown here:
    http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=730#homepage

Try to change program settings using this web UI and see if you still get the same issue.

ottorino
    Participant

I switched back to the classic interface and now I’m able to save the 08:10 value as stop. I will keep the classic interface as reference.

The two glasses were filled, but I can’t say whether is the result of one irrigation or more.

ottorino
    Participant

This morning it happened again. On program 5, start time at 00:10 and stop time at 00:10.
    I’ve tried to change the stop time back to 08:10 but on web interface (now at 1.2.0b) I cannot save the correct value: I entered the 08:10 in the stop field and saved but the 00:10 value was still there after re-entering the program. After this, it was not possible to save anything with the web interface; after changing the value and pressing “save”, the wait-I-m-processing symbol appears and remained there, hanging for some minutes. I tried this 2-3 times

I finally set the correct value by the mobile app (1.2.0).

The rest of the programs were not enabled and n° 5 was the only one active.

I’m sure I did not alter anything in the program 5. Being conscious that could be me/my gestures to cause the problem, I took extra care in observing my gestures and the behavior of program 5.

This time the OS was turned on and off many times, because I had to work on the electrical system of the garden.
    I will try to turn it on and off again to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Edit
    I’ve checked it again with mobile app: is back to 00:10.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Possible to schedule across midnight?