OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Power surge (Lightning), now OSPi will not power up. No Fuse?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an OSPi that will not power up after a lightning power surge. Looking at the board, it does not appear to have a fuse at F1? Is there a fuse elsewhere on the board, or is my board toast?

Ray
    Keymaster

The fuse won’t do any protection under lightning power surge. The circuit board has TVS diode on each zone as well as the 24VAC line to protect the circuit. Still, if there is lightning strike, it can destroy the TVS diode. You can submit a support ticket and get the board repaired or replaced.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a quick way to test, to make sure that is the problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well the Bad news….

It looks like I fried both the OSPi and the Pi. AND I fried the power supply. So much for surge protector…. I just tested the power supply, and it is showing 0 VAC. I also tested the OSPi using the transformer off my old Irritrol controller, and it does not power on.

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes the nature is just too powerful that nothing can be protected from it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Power surge (Lightning), now OSPi will not power up. No Fuse?