OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Beagle (OSBo) Power to valves stuck on?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chad

Hello,

First, thanks for the awesome product. I hope to get it up and working with the Adafruit usb wifi dongle before I head out for vacation this summer. One question – should there always be power sent to valves? My valve seems to be stuck in “on” mode no matter what I do. When I place my multimeter leads between COM and any of the valve station terminals, I am seeing between .67-.77 volts [EDIT – I think I read it wrong and it’s actually 26-27 v ac]. Is this normal? When I manually turn on a station, I see no difference in voltage.

Thanks,
    Chad

Samer
    Keymaster

Are you using DC solenoids by any chance?

chad

Orbit 57100 is the one I’m using.

chad

Any ideas? Should each station be getting power even when all are turned off?

Samer
    Keymaster

I am honestly not sure (not the hardware guy). Ray is at Maker Faire this weekend but hopefully someone can help you out soon. I know the AC to DC can cause a similar issue hence my suggestion but clearly that isn’t the issue.

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you have solenoids connected at all or you are just using a multimeter to measure the voltage with no solenoids connected? If no solenoid, the voltage reading is normal, due to stray voltage. When you have a load connected it should remain off (close to 0 voltage).

chad

@ray wrote:

Did you have solenoids connected at all or you are just using a multimeter to measure the voltage with no solenoids connected? If no solenoid, the voltage reading is normal, due to stray voltage. When you have a load connected it should remain off (close to 0 voltage).

I’ve measured the voltage both ways – with and without solenoids connected. The voltage is always the same across all stations.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Beagle (OSBo) Power to valves stuck on?