OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problem connecting via mobile app

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jayhawkfan
    Participant

I have a new installation and can’t connect using the mobile app. When I try to login through Ray’s server using my WAN IP and port 80 (which is set up correctly on my router) it just sits there spinning. This is my setup:

Opensprinkler with static IP 192.168.2.102 and set for port 80 and gateway IP 192.168.2.1

TPLINK Nano Router wirelessly connected to main router and running in CLIENT mode with static IP 192.168.2.101

Main router (192.168.2.1) configured to forward port 80 for 192.168.2.102 (opensprinkler)

Everything works fine when accessing from within the network but the mobile app just won’t connect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Samer
    Keymaster

Can you navigate to http://WAN_IP:80 from outside your network?

If so, I will have to do some troubleshooting otherwise it’s a network error.

jayhawkfan
    Participant

No. I can’t get to it from outside the network. I can get to it from inside my network using both the WAN IP and LAN IP. I must have a network problem of some type. I also can’t remote into my server through port 3389 which i could do a couple of weeks ago. I’m not aware of any changes made to my network recently though

Thanks for your help

jayhawkfan
    Participant

Figured it out. Seems like my ISP, Cox, has recently started blocking inbound traffic on port 80. Using 443 and it now works. Great mobile app by the way. Thanks

Samer
    Keymaster

Perfect! Glad an alternative port is working. Can’t believe an ISP blocks such major ports. They probably do this to get you to switch to business tier services. Internet censoring/filtering really shouldn’t be tolerated. Most ISP’s will reverse the block if you call. They claim they do this due to reduce spam/etc (aka for the customer).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problem connecting via mobile app